Cranberry and Orange Loaf
This loaf is light, cakey and delicious. I sprinkled some coconut sugar on top before baking to add a glaze once it was cooked through. We gave samples of this at the yoga studio and the feedback was pretty amazing! We are sure you will enjoy it too!
- 6 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Honey (Forest Honey was so good!)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup Ghee, melted (or use butter/coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1 TB orange zest, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cranberries fresh or dried (unsweetened) and soaked in warm water until plump (I soaked mine in apple juice to cut through the tart flavour)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Beat the eggs and honey together until the eggs turn a dark gold and there are no clumps of honey. Add the orange, vanilla and ghee and whisk until incorporated.
Sift the coconut flour, bicarb and salt over the mix and fold ensuring there are no lumps. Add the zest and the cranberries.
Line a 9″ baking tin with baking paper and fill with the mix, shaking to level the batter.
Bake until golden on top for about 45 minutes.