Teacher Training in 2024
We have been running our teacher training programme for years and it has transformed shape and size from a block of four visits to two. In the pandemic, we did the course as a month long programme, and while there were advantages for people attending this way, there was very little time to rest, read, or practice.
So, for 2024 we have split our programme up into two!
March 1st - 10th 2024
August 30th - September 8th 2024
This course covers a very dense syllabus approved by Yoga Alliance Professionals, with a comprehensive reading list, and ongoing assessment throughout the programme. You can sign up here! We have a super early-bird price until September 1st 2023.
Find out more about why a teacher training programme could work for you below.
A yoga teacher training program can be highly beneficial for practitioners for several reasons. Whether someone wishes to deepen their personal practice, share their knowledge with others, or simply immerse themselves in the teachings of yoga, a yoga teacher training program provides a comprehensive and immersive experience outside of the day to day classes that can facilitate this deeper dive. Many of our attendees have no interest in teaching, but simply want to understand the practice, their own body, and take the time to focus deeply on the yogic practices. Here are some key reasons why such a program can be valuable for a practitioner:
- Deepening the understanding of yoga: Our program delves into the philosophical, historical, and practical aspects of yoga. It offers a more profound understanding of the origins, principles, and various styles of yoga. Each day begins with meditation, journalling and an asana practice exploring the movement and sequencing themes of the previous day.
- Advancing personal practice: One of the primary benefits of a teacher training program is the opportunity to refine and advance one's personal yoga practice. Trainees receive guidance in sequencing and injury navigation, enabling them to refine their alignment, explore poses in a supported way, and deepen their breathwork and meditation practices. This intensive focus allows practitioners to take their practice to new heights and experience personal growth.
- Learning alignment variation and adjustments: In our program, participants learn various alignment techniques, detail about anatomical variation, and how to give appropriate adjustments to students. This knowledge not only helps prevent injuries but also allows practitioners to make the most out of their practice and ensure safety in their future teaching endeavours.
- Developing teaching skills: For those interested in sharing their love for yoga with others, this teacher training program equips them with the necessary teaching skills and tools. Trainees learn how to sequence classes, create effective lesson plans, use verbal cues and demonstrations, and adapt to different student needs. This comprehensive training enables practitioners to become confident and competent teachers capable of leading inspiring and safe yoga classes in a range of styles to suite the practitioner.
- Expanding knowledge of anatomy and physiology: Understanding the human body's mechanics and how it relates to yoga is crucial for both personal practice and teaching. This teacher training program provides in-depth knowledge of anatomy and physiology specific to yoga. Trainees learn about the musculoskeletal system, the effects of asanas on different body parts, and how to modify poses for various individuals. This knowledge enhances practitioners' awareness of their own bodies and enables them to guide students in practicing safely and effectively. We have the unique privilege to be admitted to the lab at Dundee University to be guided by their anatomical team and Dr Helen Meadows for an immersive three day experience that will change the way you look at the human body with hands-on, and hands-in experience!
- Immersion in yogic lifestyle and philosophy: Yoga is not just a physical practice but a way of life. A teacher training program offers an immersive experience where practitioners can delve into yogic philosophy, ethics, and principles. Trainees explore concepts such as the eight limbs of yoga, meditation, and the interconnectedness of body, mind, and spirit. This holistic understanding fosters personal growth, self-reflection, and the cultivation of a yogic lifestyle beyond the mat and encourages a curiosity of mind out-with the course.
Whether someone aspires to teach or simply wants to enhance their understanding of yoga, this teacher training program provides a rich and rewarding experience that can positively impact their practice and their life as a whole.
Also, if you are new to Dundee, Heart Space is a gorgeous and spacious yoga studio. With every prop you could ever need, easily walkable from the city centre, this clean space will be a home away from home for the two blocks. There are also lots of accommodation options on the doorstep, so do reach out if you need help with that.
Course Structure and Dates
Block 1: Friday 1st March - Sunday 10th March 2024
Block 2: Friday 30 August - Sunday 8th September 2024
Our daily schedule starts at 6.00am until 9.00am, a break, 10.30am – 1.00pm morning sessions, lunch break, 2.00pm – 5.00pm evening session.
£1,950 - Super Early Bird (paid in Full before 1st Sept'23)
£2,150 - Early Bird (paid in full before 1st Jan '24)
£2,350 - Full Price thereafter.
To reserve a place you can pay a deposit of £1000 to secure your space, with the remainder paid before 1st September'23 to receive the Super Early Bird price, 1 Jan'24 for Early Bird and 1 February'24 for Full price. Payment plans can be arranged, please just drop us a message.
Our Teacher Training course has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standard and are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals. The course has a set 180 hours contact time and the core teacher is a registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance.