What You Will Need
You are going to need props, there's no doubt about it. For some reason, there is a real resistance to prop use out there, but, if you want options, support and comfort as part of your practice, you should get them. Also, I use props in almost every class I teach, and to help people of different abilities, it gives much more options than having nothing.
If you are doing our classes in the app or the weekly live Clan Class, you will need some items!
You can head to this store if you are based in the UK as they do some really great stuff (this is where the prizes came from for our launch). This company is based out of Edinburgh and has supplied the studio for years.
What you need:
- Two Yoga Bricks (preferably the same size and not the small ones)
- A Bolster (I prefer the heavier, buckwheat filled bolsters)
- A Blanket or Towel (something soft and warm for padding or relaxation)
- A Strap (Their organic ones have a better buckle than the classic ones)
- A Yoga Mat (Use code FINLAY for 10% off) I recommend their cheaper mats that don't have painted patterns as the paint can be a tad slippy, the others are laser cut in and give better grip.
- A cheap mat / bath towel to turn into a roll
I know that it seems like a lot of items, we teach in a very fortunate place at the studio where we have all of these things to hand, but if you are practicing at home and wanting to get the most out of it, then I strongly urge you to invest in some props.
Outside of the UK, props can be found by easily searching for local providers. Be wary of very cheap bolsters as sometimes they arrive and are comically small!
Feel free to reach out for recommendations.
Click the image below to head to Ekotex and see what they have :)